A place to connect with the life & ministry of Kay Morgan-Gurr
Supporting Resilient Faith Formation
In Children, Youth and Adults of All Abilities
As a Speaker • Consultant • Advisor • Trainer • Writer
On Additional Needs & Disability
I am Co Founder of the Additional Needs Alliance.
We have a Facebook group with over 2,500 members, and
a website, where you can see our vision and aims.
I am a member of Children Worldwide, and was the national director along with my husband Steve for many years.
I am in the process of setting up the ‘Pondering Platypus Resources’ website.
It will be full of accessible prayer resources for families to use together.
- What Was I Praying…?I wrote this back in 2013 as part of a longer series on prayer. I’ve reworked it a bit to to make it a stand alone piece and also have it on the Pondering Platypus Resources site. I hope you find it helpful: Let’s be honest – we all find prayer difficult at some pointContinue reading “What Was I Praying…?”
- What Are You Afraid Of?I’m shielding.I’ve seen posts on social media saying people like me are cowards, making a mountain out of a molehill, or making Covid an excuse for what we don’t want to do etc. None of these things are true! No one has actually asked me what I’m afraid of, but I’m aware there are someContinue reading “What Are You Afraid Of?”
- “But, You’re Disabled?”: Ministry, Disability and How it Works (For Me).Just in case you don’t know me: I’m in full time ministry and have been for over 27 years. I’m also disabled. I don’t want disability to be the starting point – but rather an ‘Oh by the way’, because I am more than my wheels and the way my eyes work. That should beContinue reading ““But, You’re Disabled?”: Ministry, Disability and How it Works (For Me).”
- The Adventure ContinuesHaving shared an update on my ministry last week, I promised something on what ministry will look like for me now. There are some regular things that will repeat along with other known stuff. But there will be some unknowns – a given in any ministry. Here’s the basics for you: Additional Needs AllianceI’ve notContinue reading “The Adventure Continues”
- Changes AfootI have news…. In my ministry I wear many, many hats. Too many hats – which is never good, and very hard to explain. But that’s not the news! On my Facebook memories a few weeks ago, I saw a post from 2019 that listed what my week was like – one day had 3Continue reading “Changes Afoot”
- Faith VaccinationVaccines have understandably taken on a new wonder recently. It’s the thing that appears to be bringing about a lowering of illness and death, and the reason we are starting to have more freedoms. As a ex nurse, I’ve always been a believer in all vaccines. They are a good thing. A dead, weakened orContinue reading “Faith Vaccination”
- Morgan-Gurr Musings May 2021We’re not the best at updating those who pray for us. Aside from the monthly mission partner updates for our home church, we tend to rely on social media to update…. but many of our prayer partners don’t follow social media (sensible people)! We can only do what we do with prayer, therefore; here isContinue reading “Morgan-Gurr Musings May 2021”
- Hugs & Awareness DaysThe writer in me really enjoys having two random things to combine in a post, and today gives me the satisfaction of being able to do this. Both of the illnesses I have are pain disorders: One is Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome (CMPS). If I lived in the USA I could add ‘stage four’ atContinue reading “Hugs & Awareness Days”
- Transferring WebsitesDue to changes in the software on Wix, editing my old site is no longer visually accessible – which has forced me to look elsewhere.It seems many website creating platforms help you to make your site accessible to others……but they don’t expect visually impaired to people to create websites!I’ve also been recently told of manyContinue reading “Transferring Websites”